Welcome to the Confirmation prep landing page. Here you will find in-depth guidelines and information on this year’s process for receiving this sacrament. If you have any questions or need further clarification, contact Monica (Monica@stalphonsus.net).
- The Saint Project Tab explains the requirements for completing the Saint Project.
- The Mass Journal Tab explains that project and contains a downloadable file for the Mass Journal.
- The Sponsor Information Tab includes information regarding the requirements for this role and the documents needed from the Confirmation candidate’s sponsor, as well as a link for your sponsor to sign themselves up to be your sponsor.
For this project you will choose a Saint you admire whose faith witness inspires you to live a life of greater faithfulness and who will be your model and spiritual companion for the rest of your life. Choosing a Saint is a prayerful process, so ask God to inspire you and help you pick the saint that is right for you. A few tips and tricks for discerning your saint are:
- Find saints that share your first, middle, or even last name.
- Find the saints whose feast day is the same as your birthday.
- Talk to your parents and sponsor about their patron saints.
- Find saints related to your interests; for example, if you’re interested in music, you could look up the patron saints of musicians.
- Find a book of saints and see saints who exemplify certain virtues you appreciate or want to have; for example, if it’s important to you to volunteer for the homeless, you could find saints who were all about helping the poor or charitable giving.
My Saint Project Guidelines
If possible, choose a Saint who is unique and special to you. It is important to learn about your chosen Saint and to share the life of your Saint in your own words, so do not copy-and-paste from the internet. You may submit your project digitally as a Word document, PDF file, PowerPoint slideshow, Google Doc, a scanned photocopy of a legible handwritten document, or even in video format (as a YouTube video or video file). You should include the following information in your project:
- Candidate’s full name
- Full name of the Saint
- Birthplace of the Saint
- Birthdate or if the birthdate is not available, note time lived.
- Important facts/information/details about the Saint.
- What is the Saint known for?
- Are they a patron/patroness Saint of any causes?
- What virtues do you admire that this Saint practiced?
- List the Saint’s feast day on the liturgical calendar. What colour vestments does the priest wear to celebrate Mass on the Saint’s feast day? Why that particular colour?
- What about this Saint inspires you to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation?
- What about this Saint inspires you to be a better Catholic and how is this Saint a model for Christians today?
- Why did you choose this Saint?
- Is there a prayer or novena for the intercession of this Saint? Provide this as part of your project and offer the prayer as your Saint prays for you.
SPONSOR INFORMATIONPlease prayerfully consider who you would like to choose to be your sponsor. Besides being someone you can look up to and who can guide you in your faith journey, keep in mind that they must fulfill the following requirements. According to the Code of Canon Law, a sponsor must: